WELCOME TO OME'OBAMBA'S BLOG

Sunday, November 03, 2013

Fire razes Senator Balogun’s residence
The residence of High Chief Lekan Balogun at Alarere in Ibadan, Oyo State capital was on Tuesday razed by fire, destroying several household properties. The inferno started at about 6.35pm and lasted for about an hour before it was finally put off. Though no life was lost in the inferno but it was gathered that household properties worth millions of naira were destroyed. The cause of the inferno could not be ascertained as at the time of filing this report but It took the combined efforts of neighbours living close to the residence of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain to put off the fire. Senator Balogun is a political bigwig in the state who stood firmly against the second term ambition of former governor of the state, Chief Adebayo Alao-Akala. Speaking with newsmen on the incident, Senator Balogun, said: “I was not there. I got a call from my guard who said the fire was much. I got in touch with the police station in the area and the DPO called the fire brigade. I also got in touch with the fire brigade. Within 10 minutes, everybody in Alarere trooped out with buckets of water. Before the fire brigade came, the people had put off the fire. Everything was completely destroyed. It happened at about 6.15p.m. “Every furniture in the living room and other things got badly damaged. The deck was also affected because the irons are now exposed. I cannot really estimate the property I lost to the incident. I thank God that the incident did not happen in the night. It would have been very disastrous if not for the neighbours that came to help me. I enjoy the love of my neighbours. They were simply wonderful. May God be with all of them too

No comments: