WELCOME TO OME'OBAMBA'S BLOG

Sunday, February 23, 2014

I Agree With Oprah's new initiative to combat loneliness

JUST SAY HELLO...ILL BE HERE *wink*
If you're among the millions suffering from loneliness,there is a cure In an exclusive interview with Piers Morgan, Oprah discusses her childhood and states why she feels she has never suffered from bouts of loneliness in her lifetime. When asked if she had ever suffered from loneliness, her response was crystal clear.
"Absolutely not," she said. "I am really happy being with myself." She also attributed it to growing up as her grandmother's only grandchild and being content with herself as well loving books as a kid. Oprah's new initiative, "Just Say Hello," strives to help people combat loneliness. "I learned early on that every human being... is looking for one thing and that is to be validated, to be seen and to be heard," she stated.
"I started to see that pattern and what I realize is that everybody is looking for the same thing no matter if it's, you know, politicians, senators, presidents, Beyonce and all of her Beyonceness are all looking to know, 'Did you see me, did you hear me and did what I say mean anything to you.' So just saying hello is a way of validating even a stranger."

No comments: